Boarding as an Overseas Pupil

We are extremely proud of our diverse community. Whilst two-thirds of our boarders at St George’s are British, we have a wonderful mix of girls from different countries, who bring fresh ideas, cultural thinking and experience to the school.

As the world continues to become a globally integrated market full of opportunities the girls develop broader perspectives from each other and, of course, a wonderful international network of friends.

With the ease of global travel, sharing of cultural ideas and wide opportunities to study and work abroad, there is a huge advantage to a truly global community. Girls enjoy the benefits not only of having friends abroad but of the wider St George's network, all of which has proved extremely useful for many of our girls in their working and social lives.

Visa Requirements

All our international students must, by law, have a UK guardian. Guardians can be friends or relatives in the UK or parents can employ a guardianship agency. AEGIS is the accredited body for guardians in the UK, for a link to their website please click here

Guardianship agencies offer a wide variety of services. For a copy of our guardianship information please click here

St George’s sponsors pupils through their secondary education on a Child Student Visa or Student Visa (16+).

To ensure the best possible service and advice to parents, St George's immigration work is outsourced to Newland Chase Education who are a specialist immigration law firm. They will manage the visa application process on behalf of St George's and your daughter, and any subsequent renewals as she progresses through the school. Newland Chase Education will complete all the forms ensuring full compliance with UKVI regulations, ensuring the chance of a successful application is maximised. The school will require you to use the services of Newland Chase Education in any visa application and will not accept any third party arrangement.

There will be a one off administration charge for this service of £695 which you should pay on acceptance of your daughter’s place, together with the acceptance deposit.

If you would like more information about visa requirements please email admissions here:

Boarding as a overseas student
Boarding as a overseas student